S’mores Brownies Recipe | Williams Sonoma Taste
Happy National S’mores Day! Anyone who has fond childhood memories of both s’mores and brownies is guaranteed to swoon over these marshmallow-topped brownies laced with graham crackers. To make it easier to cut them, fill a tall glass or pitcher with very hot water. Dip your knife in the water before cutting the brownies, wiping the knife off with a paper towel before each cut. The brownies taste best the day they are baked but will keep tightly covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- 1 cup (8 oz./250 g) unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 10 oz. (315 g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup (8 oz./250 g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (6 oz./185 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups (5 1/2 oz./170 g) cake flour
- 3 Tbs. natural cocoa powder
- About 6 graham crackers, coarsely crushed with your hands
- About 12 jumbo marshmallows
1. Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously butter a 9-by-13-inch (23-by-33-cm) baking dish.
2. In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the butter and chocolate and heat, stirring often, until melted, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla and salt.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa powder over the chocolate mixture and, using a rubber spatula, stir in until just blended. Stir in the graham crackers.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Top evenly with the marshmallows.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost completely clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer the dish to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving. Makes 12 brownies.
Discover 40 of our favorite recipes for crowd-pleasing treats, from classic drop and cut-out cookies to decadent sandwich cookies, brownies and bars, in our Favorite Cookies.